My guest this week is, well, me. I did actually record an interview, but the file got corrupted and I couldn’t get my guest back in time to
My guest this week is, well, me. I did actually record an interview, but the file got corrupted and I couldn’t get my guest back in time to do a makeover. So this week is just the Fly Box. The good news is that we have some interesting questions and tips, including:
- Do I absolutely need a full-sinking line and a stripping basket to fish in the surf?
- Do you pinch the barbs on flies for all saltwater species?
- Will streamers and bucktails work throughout the summer?
- Can I go heavier than 6X on smaller flies to get fish in quicker and stress them less?
- Why do I catch many fish in a small stream and then see none on the next trip?
- Any advice on tips for setting the hook when using a long cast?
- Should I pursue traditional fly gear or just use Tenkara?
- Should I use a 6-weight for a light saltwater outfit?
- How can I get the hackle on my Parachute Adams to look better?
- When would someone replace a dry fly as an indicator with a standard indicator in small streams?
- What is the best way to attach 80 lb. shock tippet to a 20 lb. class tippet?
- What is the best material for shucks on emergers?
- What is the largest trout Tom ever caught?
- If you are switching back and forth between tippets and modifying your leader, does it matter that you are using the same butt section and midsection all the time?