Hi guys,I own a 96 ZJ with the 318 V8 for quite some time but still don´t fell 100% confident about it´s weaknesses.Planned a trip next month from
I own a 96 ZJ with the 318 V8 for quite some time but still don´t fell 100% confident about it´s weaknesses.
Planned a trip next month from Austria to Iceland. We are estimating to cover about 6000km (3800mi) in total with about 4000km (2500mi) paved roads and the rest will be gravel roads and some medium off road passages.
In order to avoid my GC from breaking down I already serviced nearly everything that I think of can break. The car is overall in an OK state, some rust here and there with 130kmi on the odometer. But for sure she has seen some stuff over the last 26 years. Now I would like to ask for some advice of you guys what, in your experience is prone to failure on such extended trips.
Stuff I did within the last 200km:
– Crankshaft bearing back (was leaking oil – 2pc sealing broken)
– Transfer case rear output sealing oil change
– Automatic transmission oil- and filter change
– Engine oil pump, filter and oil
– Radiator, water pump, 160°F thermostat, coolant
– Brake calipers, discs, shoes, fluid
– Front wheel hub
– Axle oil front and rear
– Spark plugs and cables
– New tires (BF KO2)
– Spare tire mount
-Shocks and Springs about 2yrs old
– Connecting rod bearing done at about 180kkm
Are there any things I should think of exchanging?