Iowa Firearms Coalition Second Amendment Day 2022DES MOINES, Iowa – -(Ammoland.com)- Hundreds of pro-Second Amendment Iowans from across the Hawk
DES MOINES, Iowa – -(Ammoland.com)- Hundreds of pro-Second Amendment Iowans from across the Hawkeye State will descend on the Capitol on February 24th 2022 for “Second Amendment Day” to show their support for the Iowa Firearms Coalition’s efforts to add the Freedom Amendment to Iowa’s Constitution.
- WHAT: Second Amendment Day
- WHEN: Thursday, February 24th at 2:00PM
- WHERE: Iowa Capitol Building
- WHY: To show support for the Freedom Amendment ballot initiative
The Freedom Amendment, which would add the right to bear arms to Iowa’s Constitution, has been approved by the last two Iowa General Assemblies. Voters, however, will have the final say if the amendment is added by approving the measure on the ballot later this year.
“Iowa is a pro-Constitution state and we look forward to standing shoulder to shoulder with our fellow citizens in a show of support for the Freedom Amendment,” said IFC President Dave Funk.
“The anti-Second Amendment rhetoric, and at times actions, we’ve seen come out of Washington in recent years should concern all Iowans. Second Amendment Day will be a testament that Iowans will not tolerate violations to their civil rights.”
IFC will be hosting three high-profile speakers to headline the event.
The speakers include:
- Stephen “the barefoot defender” Willeford, who in 2017 stopped a mass murder in progress at a church in Sutherland Springs, Texas.
- Retired police officer and Presidential Medal of Valor recipient Greg Stevens, who in 2015 stopped the first ISIS attack on American soil at the Curtiss Culwell Center in Garland, Texas.
- Paige Roux, a Second Amendment advocate and contributor with Turning Point USA.
The Iowa Firearms Coalition, an affiliate of the NRA and NSSF, is a 501(c4) nonprofit and is Iowa’s only effective pro-Second Amendment rights organization.
Iowa Firearms Coalition Mission
The mission of the Iowa Firearms Coalition is to continue as the preeminent organization representing Second Amendment concerns for all firearms owners in the state. We seek to ensure that government at all levels recognizes and protects the fundamental right of all Iowans to keep and bear arms and to defend themselves and their loved ones. We will staunchly defend the rights of hunters and sportsmen and advocate for their interests. We seek to partner with like-minded organizations in order to increase our effectiveness in accomplishing these goals. www.iowafc.org